May 10, 2011

bohemian princess



Anna Sui's spring summer 2011 collection is absolutely beautiful. Designers displayed a wide variety of trends on the spring/summer runways for the 2011 season but it seems most designer's shied away from the bohemian trend (though we saw flatforms and chunky sandals everywhere!) instead we saw fashion bloggers, street style blogs and even off-duty models wearing the trend.

Sui brings the bohemian dream to life in colourful patterns, denim, suede, embroidered dresses and shorts accented by pretty crochet pieces. So much colour and youthfulness. Simple make-up, easy to do hair and minimal but statement jewelry.

let's talk maxi dresses



Sui avoided using typical floral prints for her s/s 2011 collection, instead she channeled the boheme trend in regal blues and purple in a techno tribal print. One of my favourite pieces was the black embroidered maxi dress. Embroidery is typically done in bright technicolour, simple white or the same shade as the piece. The detailed embroidery at the bottom and the lines that contour the dresses bodice create a pretty frame.

I found that Sui's collection stayed away from the typical white dresses that filled the runways and wardrobes of stylish people everywhere this season. She created dresses in beautiful prairie inspired fabrics and a range of off-white pieces instead.

the shoes

sulentic sandals $70 / ganzer flatforms $90

after waiting weeks for the cheaper alternatives of this trend to arrive, I'm mighty pleased to say they are finally available, and both at aldo! Theses alternatives may still seem a bit pricey (as alternatives to designer brands) but considering they are both constructed of real leather, I'd say they are worth the price. You can choose between a flat shoe with grungy buckles or a flatform sandal, if you're a bit short (like me)!

favourite pieces



These three outfits were hands down my favourite. They are all so natural, happy, young. It's bohemian mixed with tough 90s grunge (socks and sandals, floral minis anyone?). The first piece is typical concert wear, without question something you'd find many p.y.ts at coachella trying to imitate. The second piece is a great spring to summer to fall transition piece. The beige colour, that we saw throughout the f/w 2011 rtw shows accented with a floral pattern in the stripes on the dress.

My absolute favourite piece is the last one, worn by model Liu Wen. A black floral baby doll paired with a long feather necklace and printed socks and platforms. Need I say more?!

xoxo 'til next time
.

33 comments:

  1. Amazing pics!
    Lovely blog! Following! Follow back?
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've never really been a massive fan of sui, but i do really like this collection!

    http://itscohen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, great post!
    Check out my blog and enter the IKKS give away if you like!

    xoxo Robine @
    WWW.CHOUCHOU-ROBINE.COM

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this collection ! It's easy to wear

    ciao ave

    new post by me

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice collection, love the first photo, and the last one too!
    thanks for your comment <3

    xx

    http://jennplaysguitar.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great collection. Thanks for your comment on my blog :)

    xxo
    http://www.iamheizl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great outfit post dear, i like it so much!!! It looks so so dainty <3

    xoxo,

    www.theblushingfox.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this collection! It's like Little House on the Prairie all grown up :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The beige sandals! Love them!!
    x
    MONi

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this whole post but especially the first picture from Anna Sui. Her clothes are amazing!! If I had money I would live in her designs! :) but sadly... I don't! xx

    http://hailesheartsfashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anna Sui creates such beatiful things :')
    Want the platforms!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much for your comment! I love these photos :) also if you haven't already, I would love for you to enter my Dior giveaway as it helps me win this really big blogging competition :) even if you dont want to enter, i would still super appreciate your vote. thanks dear :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the pretty sandals!

    x
    www.lostinthehaze.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice collection :D

    Love maxidresses and sandals...just wish there could be a nicer and warmer weather here :/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm absolutely LOVING this collection! Gorgeous pieces.
    Have a great day!
    -Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't like maxi dresses... But maybe it's because I'm really small! ;)
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the collection and adore the flatforms! xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. nice post!
    you got a lovely blog!
    I'm following now!
    wanna follow me?
    love,xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great! Thank you thank you for posting the Aldo flatforms. They're perfect. I've been wanting to get in on the trend, but every pair I find is so expensive. $90 isn't too bad...I'm off to explore the website now.

    Oh, and I've gotta say, I love the prints being used here. I've never much cared for typical floral prints, so these really speak to me!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great collection I love your favourite outfits :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow. i love maxis but i don't think i can pull em off. love the flatforms too! check out my blog and etsy! everything is on sale!
    http://hammocksandtrampolines.blogspot.com
    http://etsy.com/shop/puddinp0p

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love Anna Sui! She was the first designer whose collections I started following and she got me really into fashion because of that.

    ReplyDelete
  23. beautiful. ahhh i want those platforms!


    blog
    twitter

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love this collection!! I always loved Anna Sui's stuff :)

    xoxo,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fab collection !
    :)
    great blog!

    http://moncheri2311.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. wow like the collection!

    xx. tany and nati <3

    ReplyDelete
  27. Like<3333 the third

    I'm new your follower. It would be really nice if you follow me back
    http://kristenwithfashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  28. I can't get enough of my maxi dress! So glad they're still in fashion and I can re-cycle mine for this summer :D x

    http://mariannescloset.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  29. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete